You have 0 items in your cart
Choose a gift
Your order will be dealt with promptly in our Dublin or Belfast office, depending on your choice of currency.
Call us on
01 775 8080 (Dublin)
028 9069 9129 (Belfast)
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
frequently asked questions
- How do I contact Present Aid?
- How can I find out more about Christian Aid?
- How does Present Aid work?
- How does Christian Aid spend the money that is donated?
- Ordering and delivery
- What credit or debit cards can I use on this site?
- How do I know if my order has been successful?
- What should I do if my order hasn’t arrived?
- Does Present Aid charge postage and packing?
- When will my gift be delivered?
- Delivery charges
- UK deliveries
- Can I pay by CAF on the website?
- Can I order items over Christmas?
- Can I name my gift?
- Do the goats damage the environment?
- Is providing livestock the best way to help people?
- How are the animals cared for?
- What do I do if I am experiencing technical difficulties on the website?
- Why do I need a password?
- How do I re-set my password?
- Why do I need to sign in?
- Why do you need to store my data?
- Are my details secure?
- Why isn’t all of the ‘my account’ area secure?
- Why do you want my email address?
1) If you have any queries, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also call 01 775 8080 (Dublin) or 028 9069 9129 (Belfast), Monday – Friday, 9am - 5pm. Please note: email is the least expensive method of handling enquiries. If you use email, you save Christian Aid money.
2) You can find out more on the Christian Aid website. Present Aid is owned by the international development charity Christian Aid (Republic of Ireland charity number CHY 6998, Northern Ireland charity number XR94639). Christian Aid’s registered offices are: 17 Clanwilliam Terrace, Dublin 2 and Linden House, Beechill Business Park, 96 Beechill Road, Belfast BT8 7QN.
3) Find out more on the how Present Aid works page.
4) The money from each Present Aid product goes to one of five Christian Aid funds as explained on our how Present Aid works page. Broadly, 80 pence of each £1 spent is used to deliver Christian Aid’s stated objectives. Of the remaining 19 pence, 1 penny is spent on running the charity and the balance is spent on fundraising. (For each £1 spent on fundraising, a further £4 is raised) Read more on the main Christian Aid website income and expenditure pages.
5) What should I do if I am having trouble placing an order? Please contact us. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 01 775 8080 (Dublin) or 028 9069 9129 (Belfast) Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, and we will do our best to help.
6) We accept the following cards for payment: American Express, Mastercard, Switch, Solo and Visa. The total amount you pay is unaffected, regardless of the payment method used. We will contact your payment card company for authorisation when you place your order. Your payment card will then be debited immediately upon authorisation of your card payment. You are responsible for payment of all orders placed using your user name and password.
7) When you have completed your order you will be sent an e-mail confirming your order. It will state what the gifts are, the cost (including VAT) and delivery and invoice details. If your order has been unsuccessful you will be made aware of the reason why and possible explanations.
8) Every effort is made to ensure all orders are delivered within the time specified above. If you haven’t received your order within the specified time, please contact us by phone on 01 775 8080 (Dublin) or 028 9069 9129 (Belfast) Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, and we will track your order for you. You can also email us
10) Your order will be dealt with promptly and delivered from our Dublin or Belfast office, depending on your choice of currency. Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland We aim to deliver your gift card 3-5 working days after the date of your order.
14) Yes. Present Aid runs all year and can be used to purchase gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other special occasions. However if you would like your gifts delivered before Christmas, you will need to place your order before 15 December.
15) As the gifts are virtual your contribution may not specifically provide the item you buy. Therefore we cannot allocate or dedicate items. You can find more information about this on our how it works page. At the time of purchase we cannot be certain as to what project your contribution will benefit. This means that we are unable to provide updates or photographs. For a more general update on how Christian Aid will spend your donation please visit the 'what we do' section of the Christian Aid website.
16) Christian Aid believes that local people know best the solutions to the issues they face. As with all the projects we support, those that include the provision of goats have followed requests from our overseas partners. In each case, the goats are kept in enclosed areas or are tethered, but with room to move around. Care is taken to ensure that they are not able to damage crops or the environment. For this reason the projects we support that provide these animals remain very successful, localised, and small-scale but non-intensive husbandry initiatives.
17) Many of the people we help have a history of keeping livestock and it is part of their culture. The projects we support are run by local partner organisations that assess the most suitable ways to help. Christian Aid is guided by their expertise as well as local cultural concerns.
18) Owning livestock is a means of providing a living for many people in the developing world. Consequently, making sure the animal is well cared for is a priority for people who own them. The recipients of livestock receive training in animal husbandry and local veterinary care is usually available. It is quite common for the animal to enjoy a better quality of life than its owner.
20) When you create a password it allows you to access your account information. Once entered, your contact, delivery and payment details will be stored and you won't have to re-enter them the next time you make an order. You can also track your order status and order history. Your password is unique to your email address and ensures that your account details remain secure. You can access you account information at any time to edit any of your account details. Each time you return to the Present Aid website, remember to sign in using your email and password.
22) When you sign in and register with the Present Aid site for the first time, you create account information. This includes your contact, delivery and payment information. Once entered, your details will be stored in your account and you will not have to re enter them again when you make your next order. When you log in to the Present Aid site you will be able to track your order status and order history.
25) Some areas of the account section, after taking details over an encrypted channel, forward you to an unencrypted thank you page. However any pages with forms that ask you to enter details, or areas that process details are encrypted.